If You want to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi .Canon is globally recognized as a market leader in their space. Connecting a canon printer to your computer can be a task that can appear to be an annoying process at first but with our help we can sooth that experience for you. If you wish to know how to connect your canon printer, then this article is just what you need.
Canon Printer And Connections
Connection of your printer to your computer can be done by two methods – using a cable or wirelessly. To use any of the above mentioned methods you’ll have to primarily download and install the software that would help you to operate your printer on your computer. Software primarily does the task of uniting the operating system of the computer with the firmware of the printer.
METHOD TO Connect Canon Printer to Wifi
Wifi technology ever since its commencement has been an irresistible upgrade to our day to day working. Canon has taken into consideration this technology and worked its products around it. Now that you have an Connect Canon Printer to Wifi you might not be acquainted with the ways to connect your device, don’t worry we have the exact procedure that might help you with the problem.
connect canon printer to wifi without wps
An wps (wireless protected setup) is a prime built in feature present ideally on most of the routers which enables an easy connection between a Wi-Fi enabled device and a secure wireless network. WPS aims at transmission of data between the router and the commanding device.
HOW TO CONNECT CANON PRINTER WITH WIRELESS NETWORK THROUGH A WPS CONNECTION?
Now that we know what a WPS connection means we can jump right in the process of connecting our printer to a wireless network. Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your device.
how to connect canon printer to wifi g3010
1. Firstly, make sure that your printer is turned on.
2. Now press the “Setup” button on your printer.
3. Navigate through the setup menu with the help of the left and right button, look for the option that says “WIRELESS LAN SETUP” and select it.
4. Now according to your printer model any of these two messages could be displayed :
a- Press the WPS button on the wireless router.
b- Wireless Lan setup standard setup ( skip to the next step if you see this message)
5. This step is a follow up for the screen displayed in step 4 a), simply press the WPS button on your wireless router.
6. Now your printer would be looking for a connection, press the “OK” button on the printer within 2 minutes and you will have a successful Wi-Fi connection.
7. This a follow up step for the screen displayed in step 4 b) simply select option and you’ll be displayed an option that says “ wireless lan setup WPS (push button)” press the “OK” button
8. A display message saying “Press the WPS button on your wireless router” would be visible and kindly press okay if prompted.
9. Now simply press the WPS button on your router.
10. Your printer would be establishing a connection with the router press “OK” and now you have successfully connected your printer to your WiFi.
HOW TO CONNECT CANON WIRELESS PRINTER ON WINDOWS
- The first and foremost step is to make sure that your printer is connected to a WiFi network.
- After that, download the printer driver by visiting the canon website.
- Comply with the steps and finish the installation process.
- Now, launch the run pad.
- Type the command “Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters”
- Click “OK”.
- This will open the “Devices and Printers” window.
- Search for the “Add Printer” button on this window.
- Click on the “Add Printer” and comply with the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
- Complete the process and click on OK.
HOW TO CONNECT CANON WIRELESS PRINTER ON MAC
Follow the steps given below to set up your wireless printer on MAC.
- First of all, turn your MAC device on along with your canon printer.
- After that connect your printer to a wireless network.
- Then, look for the canon.com/ijsetup to install the respective drivers.
- Follow up the instructions and complete the installation process.
- After that, click on the Apple menu > System and Preferences.
- From the next menu, choose the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Then proceed to add the printer.
WHY CAN’T I CONNECT CANON PRINTER TO WIFI?
If you are not able to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi, some of the reasons may be:
- Un Updated printer drivers
- Network issues
- Accessibility issues
- Connection software not installed.
HOW DO I GET MY CANON PRINTER TO CONNECT TO MY COMPUTER ?
One can connect their canon printer to the computer using two methods : using a cable connection or Connect Canon Printer to Wifi. To use any of the above mentioned methods you’ll have to primarily download and install the software that would help you to operate your printer on your computer. Software primarily does the task of uniting the operating system of the computer with the firmware of the printer. And then follow the steps to connect your computer to your printer depending on if you have a windows or MAC device.
HOW DO I CONNECT MY CANON PRINTER TO MY PHONE?
you can connect your phone with your Connect Canon Printer to Wifi. Prerequisites for Connect Canon Printer to Wifi by phone via app are
- Stable Wi-Fi connection
- A mobile/phone device
- A Wi-Fi enabled canon printer.
Now that we know the prerequisites for connecting our mobile/phone to our canon printer, let’s look at the steps:-
- Open you phone, go to Google play store if android or App store for ios.
- Download the canon print app from the above mentioned stores.
- Once the app is downloaded, it would automatically be installed. While the app is being downloaded and installed make sure that your printer is plugged in and switched on.
- Look for the Wi-Fi signal on the printer (mostly a blue light), make sure it is flashing quickly ensuring that the printer is online.
- Now make sure that your phone is connected to the same wifi as your printer and launch the Canon print app u just downloaded.
- On the main screen you’ll find an option that says “add your printer” tap on it.
- Now press register printer, then printer setup
- Tap on the option that says connection via wireless router.
- Choose the wireless network name you plan on using.
- When prompted enter the password for the wireless network and select ok.
- Now the network setting are being signaled to your printer and you might be prompted to press “ok”, if so then kindly do the needful
- Now your printer would be detected by your phone, kindly cross check it by confirming the printer’s name.
- Press ok to confirm, now you have successfully connected your phone to your printer.
WHY WONT MY COMPUTER CONNECT TO MY CANON PIXMA PRINTER ?
If you are not able to connect your computer to the canon pixma printer or Connect Canon Printer to Wifi , the reason behind that is your computer does not have the device drivers installed on it. To get rid of this problem, you will have to install the corresponding printer drivers on your respective device.