If your Epson printer is showing its network status as offline then you have come to the right place. Epson Printer Goes Offline, In this article we have discussed all the reasons and causes that might be causing the problem and the solutions to each one of them.
If you are facing an “Offline” network connectivity issue, then it might be due to the following reasons:
- Chances are that your PC and your printer might be facing a connectivity problem due to which the printer is displaying an “offline” status.
- The printer or your device might be encountering software or hardware issues due to which they might not be able to establish a connection.
- Another very common reason that might be causing your printer to go offline is stopped or slow ‘Spooler’ services.
- You may have not selected the proper settings for your printer to work. These include setting your printer as “Default Printer” etc.
- If your drivers are not updated, then your printer might show an offline status.
HOW TO FIX EPSON PRINTER GOES OFFLINE FAULT IN WINDOWS 10
Some methods to fix ‘Epson printer says offline’
error in Windows 10 are :
1.Uncheck ‘Use printer offline’ option :
- Plug in your printer and switch it on.
- Reboot it and wait for at least 1 minute.
- Connect your printer with your computer using USB cables and make sure it is connected to a network.
- Click on the ‘Start Menu’ and launch the Run tab.
- Type ‘Control panel’ and press Enter.
- In the Control Panel, click on ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Right click on your printer which opens a drop down menu.
- From the drop down menu, select the “See What’s Printing” option.
- Now, select your printer and remove the check mark from the “Use Printer Offline” option.
- Try printing something to check whether the problem has disappeared.
2. Troubleshoot Spooler Service if it is stopped or paused :
- Launch the Run pad and search for “Services.msc”.
- From the service window, select the “Print Spooler” option and make sure the status is displayed as “Running”.
- If the status is displayed as “Stopped”, right click on the “Print spooler” option and click on “Start” option to resume the services.
This should bring your printer back to “Online” so that you can print efficiently.
3. Make sure that multiple tasks are not queued in the printer jobs.
Your printer might show the status as offline if a lot of printing tasks are queued in the printer jobs. You can clear the tasks using the following method :
- Launch the Run Pad and type “services.msc”.
- Click Enter.
- Now click on “Print Spooler” and right click on it.
- This opens a drop down menu from which you have to select “Properties”.
- Click Stop and then OK.
- After that, open the Windows File Explorer then type “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS” in the address bar.
- Now, select all the files in the folder and delete them.
- Finally, go to the Spooler properties and click on start option and select OK.
After doing this, restart your printer and try printing to check if the error has disappeared.
4. Make sure that your printer is set as default :
Your Epson printer might be offline because it is not set as “default”. To resolve this issue, kindly do the following:
- Launch the Run Pad and type “control” on it.
- Look for the ‘Devices and Printers’ option on the screen and click on it.
- Now , from the menu select your printer and right click on it which displays a drop down menu.
- From this menu, make sure the ‘Set as Default’ option is checked.
- In case the ‘Set as Default’ option is not checked, click on it to check it.
This should enable your printer to be online.
5. Make sure the drivers are updated.
One of the common causes of why your printer might not be working is outdated printer drivers. To resolve this issue, follow the given procedure:
- Launch the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the ‘Add or Remove’ program option.
- Select your Epson printer driver and uninstall them.
- Now, go to the ‘Drivers and Printers’ option and click on ‘Add Printers’
- Now select ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth’.
- Now install the software corresponding to your Epson printer.
- Now comply with the installation instructions and see if the problem is resolved.
6. Make sure your device and the printer have a stable connection.
‘Epson Printer goes offline’ error generally occurs when the computer fails to establish a connection with the printer. This is generally caused when the physical connection is either loose or faulty. This issue is generally encountered in Windows 7, 8 or 10.
Although this issue is not something to be worried about since you can easily resolve this issue by making sure that your printer and PC are well connected with the USB. If you find a fault in the cable, kindly replace it with a new one. This should solve the problem of Epson printer showing offline issues.
FIX FOR ‘EPSON PRINTER KEEPS GOING OFFLINE ON MAC’ PROBLEM
Some of the reasons that your MAC might show the printer ‘Offline’ message are :
- Improper printer configuration
- Unstable connection
Below are some solutions that can help in resolving the issue :
1.Reset apple MAC ‘Print Settings’ option :
Poor network connectivity may hinder your printer’s efficiency and show your Epson printer as ‘Offline’ on Mac. You can resolve this issue by the following method :
- Click on the Apple menu and look for the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Under the ‘System Preferences’, search for ‘Printer and Scanner’ and click on it.
- Now on the display, click on your printer and then choose the ‘Reset Printing System’ option.
- Input your Apple ID and password and press the ‘OK’ button.
- This makes a printer list to be displayed on the screen.
- Now, add your Epson Printer using the ‘+’ icon.
This brings your Epson Printer back ‘Online’. Follow this method up with a printing test to check if the printer is printing fine.
2. Delete extra printers from your MAC device.
Your MAC device contains a list of printers that have been added to it. Sometimes the printer list might contain the same printer a number of times causing it to appear ‘Offline’. This issue can be resolved by the following method :
- Open the Apple Menu and click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Check if any printers added are extra. If so, remove them from the list.
- Now set your Epson Printer as ‘Default Printer.
- After that, restart your printer and check if the issue is resolved.