It is quite possible that while using your brother printer which is equally amazing when it comes to both office and home usage, you might come across a problem that prohibits you from the basic functionality of the printer. Resetting a printer is trying to find a solution to printer problems that hinders the process of printing job which is the ultimate job of a printer and thus making the experience of the customer dull, thus to enlighten the experience one can simply reset their printer.
HOW TO RESET BROTHER PRINTER?
The most convenient way to reset your brother printer :
- Go to settings and search for “All Settings”.
- Click on the “All Settings” option and look for the “Initial Setup” section.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Press the up and down keys to show the type of reset function.
- Now, press the reset function key that you want to use.
- This makes the printer reboot itself.
HOW DO I RESET MY BROTHER PRINTER TO FACTORY SETTINGS?
If you wish to factory reset your brother printer, here is the process that you need to follow :
- First and foremost, turn your printer off and then unplug it from the power outlet.
- Make sure that all the lids and covers of the printer are closed.
- Now, plug the power cord into the power outlet.
- Now, long press the Go button on the printer’s control panel and the power button at the same time.
- Let the machine power up and then release the Go button.
- After the indicators stop blinking and one indicator is reactive, press the Go button six times.
- This results in the resetting of your printer.
If you face any problems regarding factory resetting your brother printer, kindly contact our customer care helpline to talk to a technician so that they can guide you further.
HOW TO DO A HARD RESET ON MY BROTHER PRINTER?
If you happen to face any issues regarding the printer cartridge or connectivity issues then hard resetting your brother printer might be the solution to fixing this. Hard reset may also lead to a better print quality.
Below are the steps that you need to follow to perform a hard reset on your brother printer:
- First of all, switch off the power button and unplug the printer from the power output.
- Next, unplug all the USB devices and cables from the printer.
- After at least 10 minutes, plug in the power supply and turn the power on.
- Wait for the cartridges to come to the center position.
- Try printing again and check if the issue has been resolved.
HOW TO RESET BROTHER PRINTER TO DEFAULT SETTINGS?
If you wish to reset your Brother printer to its default settings, you can do it very conveniently by following the procedure given below as it is a very simple process.
- First of all, look for the “Menu” button on your printer.
- Press the “Menu” button and then the arrow button to reach the Initial Setup Option.
- Press OK to confirm.
- Next, press the arrow button to reach the “Reset Option” and press OK.
- Select the type of reset that you want to perform using the arrow buttons.
This enables you to reset your printer.