EPSON AND EPSON PRINTERS
Seiko Epson Corporation, or simply known as Epson, is a Japanese multinational electronics company and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of computer printers and information- and imaging-related equipment.
Ever since 1968, the company has worked exponentially and now- Epson printers are globally known for High-productivity for professional-quality photography, CAD printing, signage printing, textile printing and more across a wide array of media.
WHAT IS THE NEED TO RESET ANY EPSON PRINTER ?
In the modern times it is bizarre to think of a hardware or software that is completely error free. Even the giants, much like Epson printers, are encountered with such errors on a regular basis. Resetting is predominantly the best solution to such problems. If you’re interested in knowing how you can reset an Epson printer or why it could be the ultimate solution to your problems this article is just what you need.
Topics to be covered in this article are:–
1. What is a factory reset, why is it needed?
2. What are the things to keep in mind while resetting a printer?
3. How can we factory reset the Epson printer?
4. Where is the factory reset button in Epson printers?
WHAT IS THE FACTORY RESET PROCESS IN A PRINTER ?
A factory reset of a printer would simply “reset” the said printer’s setting to its primary/factory settings i.e back to its default settings. Factory reset is the final resort when you have tried all possible troubleshooting solutions and still couldn’t fix and terminate the error. This process makes the printer as new as straight out of the box.
WHY DO I NEED TO FACTORY RESET MY EPSON PRINTER?
After you have tried all the methods of troubleshooting, you maybe facing one of the following issues which calls for the need of factory resetting the printer:
1. The printer is unable to detect hardware like cartridges.
2. An error message keeps on popping up even after troubleshooting the problem.
3. Printer hardware settings have been corrupted.
4. Connectivity issues with the WiFi and the printer.
5. Printer printing blank pages as output.
Apart from the above mentioned points you can come across some other errors, which cannot be fixed simply by changing the settings. This calls for a need to factory reset the printer.
HOW DO I RESET THE EPSON PRINTER?
Now that we understand the basic concept of factory reset and how it could come handy to you, let’s dive further and see how we can factory reset our printer. There are three methods for doing so. You can choose any of the below mentioned methods as per your comfort and understanding :-
METHOD 1- FACTORY RESET THE EPSON PRINTER THROUGH PRINTER PANEL
1. Firstly, Power on the Epson printer.
2. Press the home button on your device.
3. Search for the setup option.
4. Select the setup option,scroll down the menu and click on the system administration.
5. Now you might be prompted for an admin password. Kindly enter that. It is possible that you might not remember the asked password. In that case, you can find the printer password on the back or bottom of it.
6. Look for the “Restore default settings”option and click on it. Don’t forget to select the “Clear all data settings” option.
7. Now you might be prompted with a message- if you are sure you want to make these changes ,press the yes button.
8. After pressing the yes button, the printer setup process begins.
Method 2- FACTORY RESTORE THE PRINTER USING RESET BUTTON
It is possible that you might not be able to factory restore the Epson printer from the printer settings. In that case, you can simply do it by pressing the physical reset button available on the printer which brings about the question “where is the reset button located in the Epson printer?”
Most Epson printers like other printers in the market have the reset button on the back. You’ll find this somewhere between the power socket and the Ethernet socket. It is to be noted that in some printers, this button might be present at the bottom or side of the printer. To factory reset the printer via reset button kindly follow the steps mentioned below-
1. Firstly, Power off the Epson printer.
2.Press and hold the reset button on the printer, which might seem to be inconvenient to hold, therefore you could use a pen or a pin for help.
3. Now turn on the printer but don’t forget to keep holding the reset button.
4. You will shortly see a message that says “the printer is resetting “ on the screen. Once this message is visible, you can now release the button.
5. Now, all you have to do is to wait while your printer resets itself.
Method 3- RESET THE EPSON MACHINE THROUGH ADJUSTMENT PROGRAM
1. Firstly, you need to connect the Epson printer to the computer via wifi or cable.
2. Launch your browser and search for” Epson adjustment program”.
3. Now simply download the program
4. Once downloaded completely, you need to install this program.
5. Once installed, open the program.
6. Now select the option that says “make the necessary selection”.
7. Pick up your Epson printer and port no.
8. Now the adjustment and maintenance window will be displayed on your screen.
9. Look for the “waste ink pad counter” option and click on it and select the ok button.
10. Check the main pad counter and then click on the ok button again.
11. Finally, select the finish button to begin the reset process.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET THE NETWORK SETTINGS ON AN EPSON PRINTER ?
If you want to add a new network or reset the network settings on the Epson Printer, kindly refer to the steps mentioned below:
1. Firstly Power on your Epson machine.
2. Select the menu button and look for the setup and click on it.
3. Look for the restore default settings option and select the reset network settings option in it.
4. You will find a pop-up, simply click on the yes button.