If an HP Printer Fuser Error code 50.4 means there is a “fuser heater wire failure”. This error indicates that you need to replace the fuser and is related to the fuser that may come to fuser damage. This error directly indicates that there is an issue with the power supply. You can get some resolutions with the HP Support Assistant. This software provides you with all the possible methods to solve this issue.
For a temporary fix, you can try switching your HP printer ON and OFF. This process resets the fuser so that you can carry on with printing. Some users might be curious as to why this error occurs, let’s find out why:
WHY HP Printer Fuser Error OCCURS?
- If there is a spike in the temperature, the fuser may have gotten damaged. This is the cause of the error and will make your HP printer not print anymore.
- The error 50.4 might also be displayed due to printing of an unsupported media. These unsupported files tend to wrap in the fuser and hence the printer will display error 50.4 on the screen.
- This type of error message occurs due to an issue with the power circuit.
- An issue with the windows registry might also result in this error.
Now that we know the causes of error 50.4, let us look at the solutions to fix it :
SOLUTIONS TO FIX HP Printer Fuser Error 50.4
- Restart your HP printer
- The most basic step to solve this error is turning the printer OFF and turning it back ON.
- One thing that you need to make sure is that the printer is plugged into an uninterrupted power supply.
- Check the wall socket
- It is important to make sure that the wall socket is properly connected to the printer.
- Reset the fuser
- Turn the printer OFF and unplug the power cable from supply.
- Then, wait for a while and open the right compartment of the printer.
- Now, move your fuser handles towards the center and slide it to the right for taking it out.
- Check if any paper is stuck inside the printer.
- Then, insert the fuser back into the printer and close the door.
- Now, plug the power supply back in.
HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT TO FIX 50.4 HP Printer Fuser Error
HP Support Assistant is an application which runs smoothly on your device. It is a built in support for your printer and can be used to maintain the HP device performance. If you want to fix this error you can use the HP Printer Assistant, you just need to download this software and install it on your device.
HP printer fuser error can be caused by many different things. Some of the most common causes include a paper jam or a cartridge problem. It is also possible to have a problem with the printer itself. If you have these problems, you should contact your printer manufacturer or HP support.
The printer fuser can be faulty and should be replaced. You can either call HP support or visit your local store to find a fuser.
Before you replace the fuser, you should make sure that the power source is not the cause of the problem. It is also important to ensure that your power cord is of a good quality.
How to fix fuser error on HP printer
If you do not want to purchase a new fuser, you can reset the device. This will wipe all of the changes you have made. After you reset your fuser, you should restart your printer. During this process, you should allow your printer to warm up.
Another way to resolve this issue is by unplugging the machine. You should then remove any papers from the fuser. You may also need to clean the inside of the fuser. By doing this, you can remove any dust or dirt that might be stuck in the area.
Once the paper is removed from the fuser, you should then reset the fuser.