The best way to transport a hardcopy document is by scanning it, and Canon printers are the scanners of choice. Yes! Don’t be shocked! It is true that Canon Printer offers its users a scanning facility in addition to a printing solution. Therefore, you can use your Canon printer if you frequently need to scan copies of documents. Most crucially, you can scan a physical document onto your PC, Android device, or iPad using a Canon all-in-one printer. Such a printer works with Mac and Windows computers. You will discover how to easily scan from a printer to a computer in this post. Consequently, thoroughly read everything from beginning to end to end.
PROCEDURE TO SCAN ON A CANON PRINTER
Below is a compilation of all the detailed instructions found in Scan From Canon Printer To Phone or Windows. You only need to follow the helpful directions step-by-step to receive an instantaneous scanned copy of your document. Let’s start carrying out:
PROCEDURE 1 :
You must set up your Canon printer before you can begin scanning your document. To prepare for scanning, take the following steps:
- Make sure your Canon printer is an all-in-one model and has excellent scanning capabilities before anything else. Please confirm this by checking the printer’s product page or manuals.
- The next step is to attach your printer to your computer system, either with a USB cable or a touch-screen panel.
- Then, using the CD or DVD that comes with your printer, download and install the Canon Printer drivers and utilities.
- Turn on your Canon printer once the printer’s software and driver have been downloaded.
To start scanning with the IJ Scan Utility, follow these steps:
- Visit the “IJ Scan Utility” folder first. You can do this by selecting “Windows Start” and then “Canon Utilities” from the list of folders.
- Give the “IJ Scan Utility” tab a click now.
- Then select “Settings” from the menu in the lower-right corner of the IJ Scan utility software.
- Then select “Document Scan” from the list of menu options on the left.
- Selecting “PDF (Multiple Pages)” from the drop-down menu next to the “Data Format” option will allow you to scan multiple pages into a single document.
- To choose the precise place to save to, click the drop-down menu next to the “Save in:” choice.
- After that, in the IJ Scan Utility window, select “Document.”
- Following that, the scanning procedure, which could take a few minutes to finish, will start.
- You can regularly insert the next page and select “Scan” if you have more than one page to scan.
- Click the “Exit” button once every page of your document has been correctly scanned.
This is the full, accurate guide on how to scan from a printer to a computer. So, read the aforementioned simple guide if you use a Windows PC to scan documents from your brand-new Canon printer. You can scan your document easily, no doubt about that.
HOW TO SCAN FROM CANON PRINTER TO IPAD ?
You may scan from a Canon printer to an iPad by using the Canon Scanner app. You can learn how to start scanning a copy of the document from the iPad in the section below. Give a quick overview of the steps that are listed below for instruction and then follow them to the letter.
Prior to starting:
- Install the iPad app for Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY. To do this, go to the “Program Store” on your iPad, type in “Scanner,” and then tap the “Install” tab to download the app to your iOS device.
- Next, join the same wireless network that your Canon printer is linked to with your iPad.
- Ensure that the original document or photo that you want to scan is loaded on the scanner.
APPLY THE STEPS TO SCAN FROM CANON PRINTER TO IPAD
- To open the “Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY” app on your iPad, lightly touch its icon.
- Go back to the main screen and select the “Scan” tab.
- To align the document page to your specifications, click the “Change Settings” button now.
- After making the necessary adjustments, click “Scan” to start the scan.
- Click “Scan” to start scanning another document when the first one has finished scanning, or tap “Exit” to stop scanning altogether.
- Tap the “Share” icon after clicking the “Exit” button.
- Click the “Use as PDF” tab in the subsequent step.
- Decide what to do with the scanned document now.
This is how:
- To email the scanned data or image, use the “Mail” option.
- To finally save the PDF to your iPad, select a place by clicking the “Save to Files” option. You may always reopen the scanned copy of the document using the “Files” app on your iPad after saving it.
- To annotate the document before saving it, select “Markup.”
SIMPLIFIED WAYS TO SCAN FROM CANON PRINTER TO PHONE
Interested in finding out how to scan from a Canon printer to a computer? You can scan by downloading the Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY app to your Android phone. The best step-by-step instructions for scanning a copy of a document from your smartphone are provided here. Simply carry out the instructions listed below in order:
- Install the Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY app on your smartphone first by going to the Play Store.
- Open this app right away after downloading it to your Android phone.
- A suitable connection between your Android phone and the same Wi-Fi network as your Canon printer should exist.
- Now set the original file or document on the feeder or platen glass.
- Here we are at the home screen of the Android app for Canon PRINT Inkjet / SELPHY.
- Click the “Scan” tab in the lower left corner of the screen from the options displayed there.
- After that, select the “Change Settings” option to modify the settings as necessary.
This is how:
- If you want to scan a photo, click the “Data Format” option and choose “.JPEG,” otherwise choose “PDF” to scan a document.
- Then pick “Photo” from the list of options under “Document Type” if there are any photos to be scanned. However, return and use the “Document” option if you wish to scan a document.
- Next, select “Color” or “Grayscale” from the “Color Mode” tab.
- The following step is to choose the document size. To open the “Doc. You may then see all the document sizes that you need to scan by selecting the “Size” option. If you want to scan a document that is A-4 size, please choose that option.
- Simply click “Scan” to begin scanning the loaded copy of the document at this point.
- Complete scan is complete.
- When the scan is finished, you must click “Scan” to proceed with scanning another document.
- Click “Exit” to end the scan.
- Select “OK” from the menu when prompted.
- Congratulations! Your Android smartphone successfully completed scanning the loaded document.
- Furthermore, you can save the scanned copy of the document on your phone to later use it whenever it is needed.
This is a comprehensive list of instructions for easily scanning documents, emails, web pages, and images from a Canon printer to an iPhone or other mobile device. Read the pro-active guide to Scan From Canon Printer To Android Phone as a result.
CONSULT EXPERT CONNOISSEURS FOR QUICK-FIX METHODS
You could be having trouble scanning while using an iPad, Android, or computer to scan to a Canon printer. You won’t need to be waved off because a skilled team of committed engineers is trying to help you. Simply make one contact to the provided 24-hour online support number to stay in touch with the knowledgeable staff. The technical issues you encounter while scanning a duplicate of your document will be quickly fixed from the source.